Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saucy Meatballs


Today, I'm so excited to try Kitchen Cafe's recipe for Saucy Meatballs. I decided to try them over rice for dinner, but these would do much better as an appetizer. Like for the super bowl, so I'm a day late and dollar short! :)

I followed the recipe pretty closely, but I modified it for 1 pound of hamburger, so here is the recipe w/ the adjustments.

Meatballs-
1 lb of hamburger
1/2 cup of quick oats
2/3 cup of milk
2TBSP of minced onion
1 tsp of salt
2/3 teaspoon of pepper

Combine. Roll into medium sized balls. I used my cookie scoop, which makes them about the size of walnuts and I got exactly 30 meatballs. Put them on a pan and freeze them for 5 minutes. Then roll them in some flour and brown them in 1/3 cup of canola oil. I put my pan on medium high heat. You want the outside nice and brown, but uncooked inside. Then I put them in a 9x13 glass dish. Pour the sauce over and cooked for 40 minutes.

I left the sauce the same-- 12oz jar or cocktail sauce, 1 can of whole cranberry sauce, 1 cup of brown sugar and 1 cup of white.

I also cooked brown rice to serve over it with a side of veggies. It was SO GOOD. The meatballs were the most perfect texture and held together really well. And the sauce was so good. We couldn't stop licking the spoon! LOL. But there is a lot so I will have to find another use for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment