Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chicken Tetrazzini

For the Blue and Gold Banquet, I was asked to bring a casserole. I wanted something really easy, super appetizing and cheap. Here's the recipe I came up with.

Chicken Tetrazzini
4 TBSP butter
4 TBSP flour
3 cups of milk
2 TBSP Parmesan cheese
1TBSP Parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder or 1 cloves of garlic minced
1/8 tsp pepper

Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, whisking until blended in and bubbly. Gradually stir in milk, whisking until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese and spices. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.

Mix or layer with sauce in 9x13:
2 cups of chicken, cooked and cubed. I used leftover thanksgiving-turkey
3 oz of angel hair pasta or spaghetti -- I use my pamper chef pasta measuring thing and use about 4 servings. Break in half and cook.
2-4 cups of vegetables. I used a summer squash melody this time but have used other carrots, peas, green beans, etc

Sprinkle with 1/2 to 1 cup of shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly.

And there you have it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment