Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm excited for a New Year!

I'm not always excited for a new year.  Actually, I spent the first 16 days of it dragging my feet about it.  I think it's because it's the end of the year too.  I feel a little disappointed in the last year.  I wanted so much and wanted me to improve so much, that I'm a little bummed I didn't get as far as I wanted. 

And then there's that aging thing... like another year and I'm older and my kids are getting older.

Anyway, I  was catching up on some blog reading last night and cam across Jocelyn's Post : Setting Goals Backwards and I started realizing, we've made some major improvements and hit some milestones this year.

  •  Michael quit his job for another one and that didn't work out.  We spent 5 months unemployed.  It was tough.  It was trial on us - emotionally and financially.  I think we're better for it and we value our savings and food storage more than ever. 
  • I lost all my baby weight.  Yep.  That was a good accomplishment.  We're eating better and more fresh fruits and veggies.  And I'm working out more consistently.   
  • My kids grew.   Maggie's walking and talking.  Landen succeeded in potty training.  He's using bigger words and longer sentences.  He's starting to pre-read.
  • We moved into a great new house and neighborhood.  We've made lots of friends this year in many different places. 
  • We visited our family and strengthened those relationships. 
  • We planted a garden.... but didn't get much of it canned or frozen.  
  • We celebrated 5 years of marriage.  It hasn't been all that bad either! 
  • We rescued a dog.  We love her, the kids love her, but she's a lot of work and training.  Michael is learning patience.  


That's pretty good!  There are lots of good things to look forward to this year.  We've been working on setting some personal goals and some for the family.   It does us good to be cheerful and looking forward to the new year.  What are you excited for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment