Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This will NEVER happen Again.

So, this summer I attended BYU-I's Education Week.  There was a lot of great classes.  I particularly enjoyed one taught by Marie Ricks called "House of Order."

One lesson was about planning.  She posed a challenge to live each day twice, once to plan the day and the other to live it.  At the end of the day, we should review the day and ask ourselves, 'What happened today that I never want to happen again and what can I do to prevent it?'

I've been trying to do better planning. One day, I was thinking, 'I usually don't have anything that horrible happen that I never want it to happen again.  But occasionally I do...'

I've had one of those weeks.  Monday it came to my attention that, I never want to slip into the fry-daddy and spill rancid oil over my new workout shoes.

Really, I never want that to happen. So what I am I going to do to prevent it?

I PLEDGE to NEVER let my pantry floor be cluttered so bad I can't get into my pantry. 

That means, it will never look like this: 

And this is after, I cleaned up the spilled out.  I didn't exactly think about grabbing my camera before I cleaned it up.  See the paper towels? That's where the fry-daddy use to sit.  I went to grab something off a top shelf, and I slipped into the fry-daddy and saturated my shoe. (And it stinks.)

When was the last time you cleaned up spilled oil? What a mess!

I'm not one of those people that gets mad, I get even.   So I took everything out of closet. EVERYTHING.  It looked like the pantry threw up all over the kitchen.

After all my effort-- throwing away plenty and organizing. Well, It paid off.  The pantry looks like this:



  I love it.  Except that Landen can move a chair in there and reach things I don't want him to.  Haha. Bet you didn't see that coming! I truly love it.  I love being organized and having floor space! It's inspiring to do more and be more organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment