Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stain Glass Butterflies.


My friend Emily over at Bits of Everything posted this stain glass craft she did with her kids during spring break.  And Made posted about her paper butterfly sanctuary.

So I thought, why not?  We made stain glass butterflies. 

This made me a little nervous...

I could just hear my mother telling me not to do it.  But I thought, 'I'm the mom and I say let's do it!' We started out with about 4 butterflies, but we ended up making 12.

But here's what I'll add to Emily's instructions. Get your crayons out.  Make sure they look like this:


Yep, the old broken ones with the paper peeled off.  It's a great way to use those.. that you hate, but can't bring yourself to throw out.

I put my gridle on even cooler than Emily's, because Landen is pretty young.  You had to press a little harder but they still worked out well.



Hopefully, it means these butterflies can chase away our snow and bring us some spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment